The Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery is a comprehensive 5-year programme divided into two phases: Basic Medical Sciences (Years 1-2) and Clinical Sciences (Years 3-5).
The initial years, based at the Cyberjaya campus, serve as a foundation for basic medical knowledge and is organised in sequential courses/blocks with early clinical exposure. Notably, our MBBS programme includes Disaster and Relief Medicine, preparing graduates for humanitarian missions.
The clinical phase begins in the third year, where students engage in practical learning in hospitals and health centres affiliated with the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Defence. Successful graduates are awarded the MBBS degree, recognized by the Malaysian Medical Council and other international medical bodies.
Educational Objectives of the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery Programme
The MBBS programme aims to produce doctors who are:
- Knowledgeable, competent, and capable of solving health issue critically and scientifically.
- Proficient in the practical and clinical skills in line with the standard medical practice.
- Effective and responsible leaders, possesses good communication and social skills and able to collaborate with others.
- Able to demonstrate personal, entrepreneurial, digital, and numeracy skills to address the needs of the healthcare system.
- Able to demonstrate high standards of professionalism instilled with good moral and ethical values.