Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Pharmaceutical Sciences
KPT/JPS (N/727/8/0099) 10/26 (MQA/PA11935) 08/24
The Ph.D. Pharmaceutical Sciences programme is rooted in several research areas which include experimental design and biostatistics, animal handling techniques, drug discovery, design and development, advanced pharmaceutical analysis, clinical epidemiology and more.
Students will get a chance to learn from experienced academicians from outstanding professionals and industry experts. The University of Cyberjaya is also recognised by the World Medical Directory of Medical Schools making it a prime university for students to enrol in this programme.
Pursuing a career in this noble field allows you to save thousands of people’s lives and improve the quality of life for many others as pharmaceutical specialists or scientists are instrumental in discovering and developing innovative drugs.
- Experimental design and biostatistics
- Questionnaire development & validation
- Animal Handling Technique
- Advanced Laboratory skills
- Qualitative data analysis
- Drug discovery, design & development
- Advanced Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Drug dosage form & design
- Advanced pharmacokinetics & pharmacodynamics
- Advanced toxicology
- Clinical epidemiology
Part time : 4 – 8 years
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field from University of Cyberjaya or any other HEI recognized by the University Senate; OR
- Any other qualifications equivalent to a Master‘s degree recognized by the University Senate; OR
- Other equivalent qualifications recognized by the Malaysian Government; AND
- English Proficiency for International Students: Minimum TOEFL score of 550 (pBT) or 80 (iBT) or minimum IELTS score of 6.0 or its equivalent
There shall be no direct entry from bachelor’s degree level to doctoral degree level. Candidates with bachelor’s degree who are registered for master’s degree programmes may apply to convert their candidacy to the doctoral degree programme within 1 year after master’s degree registration, subjected to: (a) having shown competency and capability in conduction research at doctoral degree level; (b) rigorous internal evaluation by the University; (c) approval by the University.
Got a question for us?
What are our students saying?
I found it very meaningful to study Homeopathy. Its principles and approach to medical treatment is very comprehensive and the clinical training exposure is well planned. This is a very fulling career option for me and has given me a strong professional purpose
Homeopathy taught me to view a patient’s illness in a holistic manner and to adopt an equally holistic approach to treatment. We are though the medical sciences behind various illness and what causes it. Then we are introduced to how natural substances have a unique effect on various symptoms as a treatment.
I like the B.H.M.S programme at CUCMS as it is very comprehensive. The curriculum gives me the opportunity to learn both clinical aspects of diseases and their homeopathy management. It’s clear from the very start that the university has considered the needs of practitioners and encourages and equips graduates to open their own practice or clinics