Diploma in Nursing
KPT/JPS (R2/723/4/0105) (MQA/FA 4118)
This 3-year Diploma programme prepares you to be a qualified nurse, recognized in Malaysia and neighbouring countries such as Singapore and Brunei as well as globally. Job opportunities are available upon graduation with local government and private hospitals in Malaysia.
Nursing is a noble career and is known as an evergreen profession for it is a Profession which deals with a human touch. It is in high demand both locally and globally. Many Malaysian nurses have ventured to countries like Singapore, Australia, Saudi Arabia etc.and are well recognized and highly in demand especially in Saudi Arabia. It is opened to all females and males and offers a good career pathway to all those who are hard-working and ambitious. Many Male nurses have joined the nursing profession and many have climbed up the ladder to be nurse leaders and nurse academicians. Assistant nurses certified with the Nursing Board of Malaysia are welcomed to join the Diploma in Nursing programme. Nursing is an excellent choice for all, irrespective of age and gender.
Career Prospects & Further Education
Students may further their education pathway to a Bachelor Degree in Nursing at University of Cyberjaya upon completing their studies.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Clinical Instructor
- Nurse Researcher
- Nurse Informatics
- Nurse Entrepreneur
- Nurse Practitioner
Duration Of Studies
3 years (6 semesters)
- Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry I
- Psychology & Sociology
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- Communicative English/Bahasa Kebangsaan A
- Malaysian Studies 2/Communication in Malay 1
- Clinical Practice I
- Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry II
- Microbiology, Parasitology & Immunology
- Communication, Interpersonal Relationship
- Professionalism & Counselling
- Introduction to Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Clinical Practice II
- Clinical Practice III
- Cardiovascular & Respiratory Nursing
- Gastrointestinal Nursing
- Hemopoietic and Oncology Nursing
- Integumentary and Autoimmune and Communicable
- Disease Nursing
- Clinical Practice IV
- Nervous System and Endocrine Nursing
- Musculoskeletal and Urogenital Nursing
- Opthalmology and Otorhinolaryngology Nursing
- Clinical Practice V
- AMUnited I
- Clinical Practice VI
- Obstetric & Gynecology and Paediatric Nursing
- Mental Health Nursing
- Ethics and Law
- Clinical Practice VII
- Creative and Critical Thinking Skills
- Youth Development
- Community Health Nursing
- Emergency and Intensive Care Nursing
- Research Methodology
- Clinical Practice VII
- Clinical Practice IX
• Didactic lectures and tutorials
• Written assessments
• Clinical placement
|Pass Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or *equivalent with five (5) credits:
Mandatory credit in Bahasa Melayu and Mathematics (Elementary or Additional or Modern)
Credit in two (2) other subjects
Pass in English OR
|Pass Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM).
Possess Assistant Nurse Certificate/Community Nurse Certificate.
Registered with the MNB
Possess current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC) for nurses from MNB.
Minimum three (3) years clinical working experience.
|*Equivalent-refers to the overseas academic qualification obtained that is equivalent to SPM as approved by MQA.|
Got a question for us?
What are our students saying?
The DMA programme is rigorous and challenging, It covers a diverse range of topics and is essential for anyone who wishes to seek a career as an AMO.
I find that there is an increasing interest in the DMA programme among my friends and CUCMS provides a good opportunity to start a career in healthcare. The university is very reputable and the clinical placements have been very enlightening.