Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
KPT/JPS (R/720/8/0059) 02/26 (MQA/FA4108)
This Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) research degree programme is designed to provide greater opportunities for mature working adults to play an active role in academic or industrial research. The programme exposes students on how to investigate research topics using a variety of scholarly resources. The programme also uses an in-depth understanding of theories and concepts to develop practical solutions for real-world problems. By the end of the programme, students will learn how to search, review, evaluate, and analyse information to come up with new deductions.
• Health Sciences
• Sport Sciences
• Childhood Education
• Paramedic Sciences
• Biomedical Engineering Technology
• Clinical Social Work
• Islamic Medicine
• Malay Medicine
Duration Of Studies
• Part-time : 4 – 8 years
• Written assessments
• Industrial training
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field from University of Cyberjaya or any other HEI recognised by the University Senate; OR
- Any other qualifications equivalent to a Master‘s degree recognised by the University Senate; OR
- Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the Malaysian Government; AND
- English Proficiency for International Students:
Minimum TOEFL score of 550 (pBT) or 80 (iBT) or minimum IELTS score of 6.0 or its equivalent
- Candidates with bachelors degree who are registered for master’s degree programmes may apply to convert their candidacy to the doctoral degree programme within 1 year after master’s degree registration, subjected to (a) having shown competency and capability in conducting research at doctoral degree level; (b) rigorous internal evaluation by the University; (c) approval by the University.
Got a question for us?
What are our students saying?
The course has broadened my knowledge of various psychological concepts and theories as well as how to measure human mind and behavior. In addition, I have learned the essential skills of gathering and assessing our personality with the proper psychological instruments
Since young I have always been fascinated on how the human mind works and how the outcomes differ from one human to another. Hence I chose to further my studies in psychology. Based on the institutes that I looked up, CUCMS offered a psychology course that provided a comprehensive and rigorous syllabus. I was introduced to case studies to enhance my critical thinking skills apart from aiding the learning process. I am also exposed to research methodology as it helps me to determine my area of interest.
Studying psychology in CUCMS is a fulfilling learning experience as they gave us the opportunity to think out of the box and being innovative in our learning experience. The lecturers also played a major role along my studies in guiding me towards my future career prospects in Psychology. As I learn more during the course of my studies, I became more motivated to understand about the capabilities and possibilities of the human mind. I find that learning psychology also help myself find the road to self-discovery.