Master of Pharmaceutical Sciences
KPT/JPS (N/727/7/0097) 10/24 (MQA/PA11936) 08/24
Pharmaceutical Sciences combine a wide range of scientific disciplines that are vital to the invention and development of modern drugs and therapies. The programme structure for this subject area is designed to offer graduates specialised expertise and first-hand experience in the area of pharmaceutical analysis and research.
Students conducting research here can also take advantage of cutting-edge facilities, including the Pharmacognosy Lab, Medical Sciences Lab, Biomedical Engineering Lab, and Bioequivalence Drug Lab.
This programme aims to produce professional scientific engineers, science librarians, drug analysts or consumer safety officers. These roles are often required at research facilities, government agencies, biotechnology firms, and universities.
Part time : 4 – 6 years
- Experimental Design and Biostatistics
- Questionnaire Development & Validation
- Animal Handling Technique
- Advanced Laboratory Skills
- Qualitative Data Analysis
- Drug Discovery, Design & Development
- Advanced Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Drug Dosage Form & Design
- Advanced Pharmacokinetics & Pharmacodynamics
- Advanced Toxicology
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent; OR
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 and less than 2.75 may be accepted subject to rigorous internal assessment; OR
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with a CGPA less than 2.50, but with a minimum 5 years of relevant work experience may be accepted; OR
- Other equivalent qualifications recognized by the Senate or Malaysian Government
- Foreign Students’ English Language Proficiency: Minimum TOEFL score of 550 (pBT) or 80 (iBT); or IELTS score of 6.0; or any other equivalent qualifications
Got a question for us?
What are our students saying?
I found it very meaningful to study Homeopathy. Its principles and approach to medical treatment is very comprehensive and the clinical training exposure is well planned. This is a very fulling career option for me and has given me a strong professional purpose
Homeopathy taught me to view a patient’s illness in a holistic manner and to adopt an equally holistic approach to treatment. We are though the medical sciences behind various illness and what causes it. Then we are introduced to how natural substances have a unique effect on various symptoms as a treatment.
I like the B.H.M.S programme at CUCMS as it is very comprehensive. The curriculum gives me the opportunity to learn both clinical aspects of diseases and their homeopathy management. It’s clear from the very start that the university has considered the needs of practitioners and encourages and equips graduates to open their own practice or clinics